Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Run Forrest, RUN!!

October 2010 I set a goal. I wanted to run the Prairie Fire Half Marathon in October of 2011. Up until July, I thought it was just another goal that I had set and didn't follow through with. Then one evening at Bunco, a couple girls and I started talking about running. Something lit a fire inside me again and I decided that this was a goal I was going to make good on. 13 weeks ago, on July 18th, I started my training. I found a website with a training plan...and started running. I have to say, my training has had its fair share of ups and downs. I didn't exactly do all the strength and cross training that it asked me to do, BUT, I have logged 155 miles of running!! I did the math and that comes out to 25 hours of running..and 17,550 calories burned!! Whoa.



This Sunday, October 9th, is the race. 13.1 miles. The weatherman is forecasting a rainy morning..yuck. I have not ran in the rain so I really don't know what to expect. SOOO...please pray for a sunny Sunday and wish me luck!!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

We will be there to cheer you that day Jenny! Best of luck :)

Post a Comment